Nov 162016
 

sneezing_villain01Hold o-o-oatchoonnn…

 

 

 


J Lech didn’t get a chance to say anything this week, and I don’t have that many words for you either, but let’s take a quick look-see at what I’ve been up to.

First up is a new rig for Ambrosia, or rather, the continuation of her rig, I’ve added some fleshy squash and stretch to her legs and I’ve also started to add some more definition to her face, as she’s a hero character that can only ever exist once in a scene, she deserves some more geometry, especially since the humans have already been refined.

nov8th_ambrosiaendoftheworldspecial

Doesn’t look like much, but here’s a quick gif of what we can do now, not that we’d want to.

nov17th_ambrosiarig

More importantly I’ve been working on the facial animations, specifically, I’ve been working on getting them into Unity, if you went to GameOn you’d’ve seen a rather sad preview of Lech talking to this female customer, her mouth open wide, jaw bouncing up and down and Lech’s disturbingly puckered lips.

After a few hours of trying to get the facial animations to work with the humanoid rig setting inside of Unity I switched over to generic, this is going to cause some other issues but after just a few minutes I had my first working animation.

Huzza! Sure, almost, you see, getting the animations to work consistently still wasn’t possible, despite my new exporter script helpers (I love Python!). Enter Maya Game Exporter, I might cover it in a short video in the future, for now, just try it out, it’s amazing. Using the Game Exporter in combination with some basic Python, everything works like a charm, every, single, time!

Here’s a short video on what it could look like (this is not what it’ll sound like though!)

I’ve also updated my post on Shader Forge vs Amplify Shader after the recent 1.29 SF and Beta 2 ASE update.


K So many things I ignored during the pre-GameOn event. But now I’ve had the time for some R&R and to handle most of those things and starting working on smaller fixes to get som functionality into a more stable state. So basically I’ve been all over the code base for some quality assurance.

Next step is either take what we have further to the next step or maybe starting on some dialog, but that sounds a bit early to me, maybe some basic customer behaviors, well it seems the next step is a meeting with Jona.


If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook!

 Tagged with: ,